SYNTAQ's form builder has a ‘File Upload’ control that you can use on your forms to allow users to upload a file when they are filling out a form. But you may be wondering how you can put a link on your form that enables the person filling out the form to download a file. You may want to do this if you are providing some hard-copy information.
The best way to do this is to:
- Upload a copy of your file onto a public file sharing service, such as dropbox.com;
- Make the file on dropbox.com accessible to anyone who has a copy of the link:
NOTE: Be careful if you change the location of the file on dropbox, or if you change the file or folder name on dropbox – as this will break the link. This is because dropbox changes the link details when you make this sort of change. We suggest you set up a particular folder on your dropbox account specifically for your SYNTAQ downloads.
- Drag a Web Link control onto your form (found under the Layout controls tab in the form designer) and the attach this to a file located on a service like dropbox.com:
- Nominate the file location link from dropbox in the Link Address property of the Web Link control:
- Ensure that he Link protocol is the same as that described in your file location
You can also do the same thing within an HTML control by making a part of the text within the HTML block as a link.